April 6 – 8
Tip-Off Your Spring and Summer Travel Season!
The Spring Hoops Classic is for boys and girls 12U – 17U club and school basketball teams. Tournament features include:
- This is an open tournament with limited roster restrictions (i.e. no 60% roster rule)
- All teams will play a minimum of 4 games
- Paid scorekeepers will be provided
- Gold Crown Officiating will assign all games
- First and second place awards will be given to each team and player
- Games are played at Denver Metro Area High Schools
- Players are eligible to play on multiple teams as long as the teams are not in the same division. Note: Recruitable high school seniors are eligible for this tournament.
- This event has been approved to serve as an Official Qualifier to the USA Basketball 2018 U.S. Open Basketball Championships
$350 per team fee, $325 for each additional team registered
**All teams must be registered, and paid in full by Tuesday, March 27
Official Qualifier to the USA Basketball 2018 U.S. Open Basketball Championships (12U, 13U and 8th Grade Divisions).
USA BASKETBALL QUALIFIER INFORMATION
USA BASKETBALL QUALIFIER INFORMATION: The first and second place teams in each level of the 12U, 13U and 8th grade divisions will qualify for the USA Basketball 2018 U.S. Open Championships in Westfield, IN. The 2018 boy’s tournament is June 30-July 3 and the girl’s tournament is July 19-22. Note: The 12U, 13U and 8th grade levels will each feature two divisions. The Stars Division is for established and club level teams. The Stripes Division is for locally-based, or newly formed, club and recreational teams. Read more about the U.S. Open Basketball Championships.
It is the responsibility of the head coach to provide age and grade (if applicable) verification for players at any time throughout the event. Permitted forms of player age verification include birth certificates, passports and government-issued IDs (originals, hard copies or digital copies). Permitted forms of player grade verification include school-issued report cards or school administrator confirmation of grade issued on school letterhead (originals, hard copies or digital copies).
– 8th Grade: Enrolled in 8th grade or lower as of October 1, 2017 AND cannot turn 16 prior to September 1, 2018.
– 13U: Cannot turn 14 prior to September 1, 2018 (this is an age division, grade exceptions are not permitted).
– 12U: Cannot turn 13 prior to September 1, 2018 (this is an age division, grade exceptionsare not permitted).
Coach Certification Requirements
All coaches and bench personnel participating in the 8th grade, 13U or 12U divisions must have a valid USA Basketball Coach License on file with USA Basketball prior to the start of the event. The coach license process requires successfully passing a background check which generally takes 7-10 business days to process. To obtain a coach license, visit community.usab.com/.
It is the responsibility of the head coach to provide verification of coach licensure at any time throughout the event. Once licensed, set your online coach account profile to “public” view for
real-time verification of licensure onsite. Only actively licensed coaches are permitted on the bench to coach.