Say hello to the Gold Crown Health Huddle's newest expert...Ali Schroer, LCSW! We're very excited to have Ali as an added resource for coaches, parents, participants and community members. With her background as an elementary school teacher to her work as a licensed clinical social worker, Ali knows how to connect with adults, youth and entire families. Get to know Ali below and stay tuned for some exciting events in the near future!
Ali Schroer is a licensed clinical social worker (LCSW) who specializes in working with children, adolescents, families and adults. After receiving a Bachelors of Arts in Psychology and a teaching certificate in Elementary Education at the University of Colorado at Boulder, Ali taught for four years as a classroom teacher in Cherry Creek School District.
Ali then attended the Graduate School of Social Work at the University of Denver to pursue her clinical social work degree focusing on the mental health of children/adolescents and family therapy. As part of her graduate program, Ali completed clinical internships at both The Kempe Center and Children's Hospital Colorado where she received multi-disciplinary training from psychologists, psychiatrists, occupational therapists, speech/language therapists and social workers.
Besides working in private practice, Ali worked at Children's Hospital Colorado in both the inpatient/partial hospitalization program as well as in the outpatient clinic. At Children's, Ali created the outpatient anxiety groups manual based on the CBT Coping Cat (R) curriculum and was a co-leader of the Anxiety Intensive Outpatient program.
Currently, Ali dedicates her professional time to her private practice as well as serving as an adjunct professor at the University of Denver in the Graduate School of Social Work.
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
- Advanced training in Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT)
- Advanced training in Trauma-Focused (TF-CBT)
- Advanced training in Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Supportive Parenting for Anxious Childhood Emotions (SPACE)
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Parent Behavior Training (PBT)
- Parent Behavior Training
- Phase of life issues & transitions
- Family conflict, communication, and reconciliation
- Behavior Challenges
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- School Interventions
- Effective Interventions with young children and families