Thank you for volunteering your time and giving back to our community through coaching youth basketball. We are all involved with youth sports for one main reason, and that is the kids we serve. In order to give our participants the best possible experience, Gold Crown Foundation will provide resources, tips and information about coaching, managing a team, interacting with parents and more that is applicable across all levels of play. We are fortunate for great partners in the youth sports industry who also align with our values. Curious what league you should play in? Read about our levels of play, then find a league that fits you best. Questions? Contact 303-233-6776 x 1.
2020-21 Coaches Checklist
- Form your team(s). Each team must have 8 players on their roster! If you have to turn players away, direct them to the Recreational League.
- Decide what level of play your team is at
- Recreational, Competitive Feeder (Silver or Gold), Competitive Open Conference, or Elite
- If you are playing in the Competitive League, make sure you are aware of the 60% Roster Rules
- Complete a team reservation form until we are able to re-open registration.
- Complete the Coaches Background Check (you will be emailed this info).
- Complete the Concussion Course (via Zoom for Competitive League Coaches), Student Mental Health Course and all other requirements
- Rec teams: Indicate you are wanting to coach on your player's registration form
- Questions? Contact the Basketball Offices @ 303-233-6776 x 1 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Coaching Requirements Quick Links
TIP OF THE WEEK:
Start your practice with a question of the day that each player answers, unrelated to sports/your team.
Take the Health Huddle Pledge
A commitment to the mental, physical and emotional health of our children.