Thank you for volunteering your time and giving back to our community through coaching youth basketball. We are all involved with youth sports for one main reason, and that is the kids we serve. In order to give our participants the best possible experience, Gold Crown Foundation will provide resources, tips and information about coaching, managing a team, interacting with parents and more that is applicable across all levels of play. We are fortunate for great partners in the youth sports industry who also align with our values. Curious what league you should play in? Read about our levels of play, then find a league that fits you best. Questions? Contact 303-233-6776 x 1.
Culture, Practices and Games Zoom Workshop
Date & Time: July 9th at 6:00 pm
Topics: Tools to build a team culture, tips for creating dynamic practices and strategies for in-game coaching decisions. View more information.
Registration Fee: FREE, must RSVP!
Deadline: Register prior to the meeting start time
**After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing your link to the meeting.
Additional Info: Meet your trainers! Pam Herath (trainer) of D.C., Kelly Kratz (co-trainer) of PA, and Amy Duba (producer) of CO.
Winter League Coaches Checklist
- Wanting to form a team? Organize a tryout or team placement for kids in your area
- Already have a team? Skip to #4
- SEND US YOUR TRYOUT INFORMATION AND WE WILL POST IT FOR FREE
- Form your team(s). Each team must have 8 players on their roster! If you have to turn players away, direct them to the Recreational League!
- Decide what level of play your team is at
- Recreational, Competitive Feeder Conference (Silver or Gold), Competitive Open Conference, or Elite
- If you are playing in the Competitive League, make sure you are aware of the 60% Roster Rules
- Sign up your team for the Competitive League by November 15th
- Once you sign up, you MUST complete the Coaches Background Check before you can invite your players to join your roster.
- Invite your players to join your team roster and pay the league fee (Player Registration deadline is December 6th)
- Attend a Preseason Coaches Meeting on Dec. 17 or 18 (RSVP LINK BELOW)
- Pre-order your team t-shirts
- Complete the Concussion Course, Student Mental Health Course and all other requirements
- Rec teams: Indicate you are wanting to coach on your player's registration form
- Questions? Contact the Basketball Offices @ 303-233-6776 or firstname.lastname@example.org
High School Team Camp Coach Checklist
Are you bringing a team to the High School Basketball Team Camp? Here is what you need to know.
- Select what division to play in
- Sign up your team(s) and pay for the team in full. Questions on payment? Let us know.
- Fill out your team's Roster Form (form coming soon
- Look for your schedules the before your camp starts
- Make sure to check-in at the Gold Crown Field House during the camp to get your coaches gift
- Play hard and have fun!
TIP OF THE WEEK:
Start your practice with a question of the day that each player answers, unrelated to sports/your team.
Take the Health Huddle Pledge
A commitment to the mental, physical and emotional health of our children.