The newest info on Sports Performance
Chances are if you are involved in Gold Crown Foundation, your child loves playing sports. But when do youth sports cross the line of becoming too much? How do athletes train effectively? What’s the difference between pushing them to compete at the next level vs. pushing them to burn out at a young age? The health of your child should always be a priority, even when it comes to performing. Get your “Sports Performance” guide below.
SIGNS OF CONCUSSION
- A headache that gets worse or is severe
- Confusion, extreme sleepiness or trouble waking up
- Vomiting repeatedly
- Trouble walking or talking
- Any numbness, weakness or tingling in arms or legs
- A seizure or convulsion (arms or legs stiffen or shake uncontrollably)
- Any sudden change in thinking or behavior
HOW TO AVOID BURNOUT
- Periodization: a process of varying the training stimulus to promote long term fitness gains
- Cross-training by varying workouts
- Focus on proper sport technique
- Slow progression and avoid rapid increase in workload or intensity
- Proper injury treatment and rehabilitation
- Emphasis on sports as tools for fun(!), sportsmanship, fitness, skill acquisition, safety, or education
SPORTS PERFORMANCE GUIDE BROUGHT TO YOU BY
Pre-game jitters aren't always in the form of excitement. The days leading up to a big game can also cause a lot of stress. To get the most from each...
Unfortunately, concussions are a part of youth sports and sports at all level of play. But there is some positive news surrounding concussions today, in thank to the widespread awareness...
When it comes to your child playing club sports, travel season is inevitable. There is no doubt that trips can be fun, creating memories that can last a lifetime, but...
You might know the name Cameron Brink from her demeanor on the court playing for Stanford, her record breaking statistics, or signature braided hair. But there's much more to her...
Do you hear your child and/or your players complaining about sore muscles? It's not uncommon in youth athletes, but that doesn't mean it should be ignored. The good news is,...
Did you know that sleep (or lack of) can impact injury risk and recovery time in a young athlete? Did you also know that only 20% of teens get the...
As witnessed across the nation during Monday Night Football, CPR saves lives. The quick actions of the Buffalo Bills Athletic Training Staff were heroic in resuscitating Damar Hamlin on the...
The severity of concussions are not a new topic when it come to sports. However, this NFL season, they are once again being brought to the center of attention. We...
Receiving the proper treatment for a concussion is particularly crucial for young athletes. Their brains are still developing and putting them back on the court or field before they are...
- Have questions about a possible concussion?
- Call Children's Hospital Colorado at 720-777-2806
- Have a consultation first, then make an appointment if needed
- One-hour sessions with a certified strength and conditioning coach with Next Level Sports Performance
- Physical therapy, sports performance, sports therapy and more
- Book a training session
Did you know that there is a Children's Hospital Colorado Certified Athletic Trainer at all Gold Crown events? The athletic training room is located next to Court 5, just look for the green posts! Please contact JoJo with any questions at email@example.com.. Learn more about your CHCO Athletic Trainers. Thanks to our support from Children's Hospital Colorado.
PREPARING KIDS FOR THE GAME OF LIFE