Volunteers at The Clubhouse are often referred to as Mentors, they join a unique community of young people and adults who create, invent, and explore together using the latest in technology. Clubhouse Mentors vary in age, background, interests and skills, but they all love working alongside youth on various projects. We put members through a short training program and offer a flexible schedule before they begin.
WHAT DO MENTORS DO?
- Work with Members on specific projects or activities
- Help youth express themselves through technology
- Focus on developing relationships based on respect and trust
- Lead, but also learn, as it’s empowering for young people to teach others
WHAT ROLES DO MENTORS PLAY?
- Contribute to the Clubhouse-to-College Clubhouse-to-Career (C2C Program)
- Provide workshops
- Foster (and participate in) a global learning environment through The Clubhouse Network
- Develop themes for group projects and create new project ideas
- Provide after-school tutoring, primarily in Math and English
- Supervise gym time, assist with cooking and wellness activities
- Help with administrative/technical tasks
- Recruiting other mentors
PREPARING KIDS FOR THE GAME OF LIFE