COVID-19 Update: At this time, the Best Buy Teen Tech Center and The Clubhouse at Edgewater are closed to the public through the end of April. This includes Clubhouse hours. Information is still fluid and we know that circumstances could change over the next several weeks so we will keep you updated, including any May openings.
The Best Buy Teen Tech Center and Clubhouse at Edgewater are free, after-school programs for youth ages 12-18 with a focus on interest-based learning. At the Clubhouse, we teach technology through exploration, creativity and self-expression. Members can come by after school and stay as long as they’d like to work on creative projects, tinker with technology, hang out with mentors or learn something new.
The Clubhouse Learning Approach is designed to empower youth from all backgrounds to become more capable, creative, and confident learners. This approach is grounded in research from the fields of education, developmental and social psychology, cognitive science and youth development.
Learning By Designing
- People learn best when they are actively engaged in designing, creating, and inventing, not just passively receiving information.
Following Your Interests
- When people care about what they are working on, they are willing to work longer and harder, and they learn more in the process.
Building A Community
- When people collaborate with others of diverse ages, cultures, genders, and backgrounds, they gain new perspectives for understanding the world—and themselves.
Fostering Respect and Trust
- In places where everyone’s ideas and opinions are respected, people are more likely to take risks and experiment—and thus more likely to learn and innovate.
JOIN THE CLUBHOUSE
Are you interested in becoming a member? We would love to meet you and give you a tour of one of our Clubhouses. Follow these steps:
- Stop by either location after-school
- Sign-in and meet with one of our staff members
- Explore the clubhouse, gain access to new tools, meet new friends and mentors
- Come back as often as you like to work on your interested based projects
- Explore, create, design, discover!
TECHNOLOGY TOOLS AND PROJECTS
You might have an idea of what you want to work on or you might want to find something new. Here is a sneak peek on the types of equipment and projects you could work on. Don’t see something you like? Come in and we can help point you in the right direction.
- 3D Printer
- Laser Cutter
- Graphic Design Software
- Silk Screen Printing
- Art Supplies
- Music Studio
- Photography and Videography
- And more!
PREPARING KIDS FOR THE GAME OF LIFE