We are looking forward to the 2021 Gold Crown Winter Basketball Season. We are constantly monitoring updates from the Colorado Department of Public Health and Jefferson County Public Health. Our staff is working on multiple contingency plans and we will be prepared to start the Competitive League as soon as we receive approval. Additional updates will be posted on our website and communicated to our coaches, parents and participants.
NEW IN 2020-21!
All games played at the Gold Crown Field House
This league is for the player who is established with the sport and has been playing for 3-5 years. They have experience playing on teams in a league and/or tournament setting. They know team basics and fundamentals and are capable of playing at a quick pace.
- NO DAILY ADMISSION FEES
- For boys and girls 4th – 8th grade teams
- Elite Division: Upper Level Club Teams (Invite only)
- Open Division: Lower Level Club Teams
- Gold Division: Upper Level Feeder Teams (60% roster rule applies)
- Silver Division: Lower Level Feeder Teams (60% roster rule applies)
- (The 60% roster rule applies for the Gold & Silver division) Click here for more information.
- Maximum of ONE team per program is allowed per grade in the Elite Division; maximum of TWO teams per program are allowed per grade in the Open, Gold and Silver Divisions
- Players are allowed to play on multiple teams as long as the teams are not in the same DIVISION
- Note: Schedule requests will not be accepted for players who play on multiple teams
- $925 team registration fee
- 10-game guarantee (8-regular season games & 2-postseason games)
- Doubleheader format each weekend
- Teams play every other weekend (SEE SCHEDULE BELOW)
- Practice time is not included
- Gold Crown Officiating will assign all games
- Registration deadline - December 15
- Early registration is encouraged as most divisions will reach capacity prior the deadline
DATES AND TIMES:
2021 Competitive League start dates TBD
$925 per team
Denver Nugget Ticket Redemption
Don't forget to redeem your free ticket to a 2019 Denver Nuggets basketball game! Please redeem as a team (coach/parent needs to place the order).
Games are filled on a first-come, first-served basis.
- All players, coaches and staff will be required to wear face coverings from the time they enter the facility, to the time they leave. This includes while players are competing.
**Specific Health & Safety guidelines will be determined closer to the start of the event.
Gold Crown will continue to monitor COVID-19 Health and Safety Guidelines and communicate with teams as further information becomes available. View Gold Crown Foundation's current Safety Guidelines and Protocols.
If a program is cancelled prior to the start of the event, a full refund will be issued. If a program is cancelled during the event, the refund will be prorated.
- COACHES AND PLAYERS WILL BE REQUIRED TO WEAR A FACE MASK AT ALL TIMES.
- PLAYERS WILL BE REQUIRED TO WEAR A FACE MASK AT ALL TIMES, INCLUDING DURING GAMES.
- NO Parents or Spectators will be allowed into the Gold Crown Field House due to capacity compliance.
- Each team is allowed to have no more than three adults in the Gold Crown Field House: head coach, volunteer scorekeeper (mandatory) and one assistant coach or a person to film/stream the game(s).
- Please bring your own basketball and water bottles. Drinking fountains will be shut off.
- Mask Enforcement Protocol
- Gold Crown will have court monitors present on each court to ensure that masks are being worn properly.
- Their sole responsibility is to enforce the Colorado Department of Health mask mandate.
- The court monitor is there to remind the head coach that players on their team need to wear their masks properly (over their nose AND mouth).
- If a player needs multiple reminders, we will politely ask the coach to bench that player until they are able to correctly wear their mask.
- If multiple infractions happen within the same team/player, the court monitor will stop the game and give the team one final warning.
- If we can't get compliance after the game resumes, the game will be called a forfeit and all coaches and players will be asked to leave the facility.
Game Day Check-In Process
- Gold Crown Staff will be checking teams in 15 minutes prior to game time.
- All teams, please be ready with your group and wearing your face masks in the designated waiting area 15 minutes prior to game time.
- We will call up each team, one at a time, to get checked-in. Once check-in is concluded, all entrances will be closed and locked.
- Teams will make their way to their court after check-in.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at each scores table.
- Game balls will be sanitized prior to tip-off and during halftime.
- Once your second game is completed, we ask that your team quickly exit the gym so we can clean the area and prepare for the next set of teams. Each set of courts will have designated exits.
Divisions with Asterisk(*)=Schedules will be released Jan. 20.
4th Grade Open
4th Grade Gold/Silver
5th Grade Open
5th Grade Gold
*5th Grade Silver*
6th Grade Elite
6th Grade Open
*6th Grade Gold*
*6th Grade Silver*
7th Grade Elite
7th Grade Open
*7th Grade Gold*
*7th Grade Silver*
8th Grade Elite
8th Grade Open
*8th Grade Gold*
*8th Grade Silver*
Rules Coach Feedback
We are proud to assign Rules Enforcement Coaches “in-house” at all of our Gold Crown Basketball games. Keeping our assigning “in house” increases accountability as we continually evaluate current rules coaches and train potential rules coaches. We value all Rules Enforcement Coaches as an important and integral part of the experiences we provide to the youth that participate in our programs. We also value feedback so we can continue to improve the league and provide the best experience for all of our participants.
PREPARING KIDS FOR THE GAME OF LIFE