Focus on the Fundamentals is a clinic series that runs multiple times a year. Each event will feature a guest clinician. These clinics are a great opportunity for players to get extra skill and repetitions in a competitive setting. Players should come ready to be work hard and stay moving!
- Separate sessions for Girls and Boys
- Max 60 players allowed per session
- Open to 4th – 8th grade boys and girls
- Recreational - Competitive skill level
- Held at the Gold Crown Field House
- Participants will be divided onto courts based on age and ability
- Clinic includes skills/drills/stations, small group competition (1on1, 2on2) and contests for prizes
Girls: Becky Mudd
- All-State High School player in 3 sports
- 2 Sport Collegiate Athlete
- Coached high school girls in Colorado for the past 27 years at Denver Christian and Rock Canyon.
- 10 - Elite 8 appearances.
- Executive Director of the Colorado HS Coaches Association
- Created one of the largest and top girls Gold Crown feeder programs in the area.
Boys Clinic: Matt Barnett
- Two-time All-State player at Douglas County High School
- Four-year starter at Colorado State University
- 20-year Skills Development coach including many overseas and NBA players
- Owner of Elevation Basketball, boys competitive club team.
- Maximum 10 participants per room.
- For safety and cleaning purposes, all players must exit the building immediately following the session.
- All players, coaches and staff will be required to wear face coverings from the time they enter the facility, to the time they leave. This includes while players are competing.
- Only coaches and players are allowed in the building.
Gold Crown will continue to monitor COVID-19 Health and Safety Guidelines and communicate with teams as further information becomes available. View Gold Crown Foundation's current Safety Guidelines and Protocols.
December 5, 2020 - Featuring Amy Bahl and Richard Ray
November 8, 2020 - Featuring Michael Bahl and MSU Denver Men's Basketball Team
November 7, 2020 - Featuring Tanya Haave and MSU Denver Women's Basketball Team
January 20, 2020 - Featuring Scott Smith, Former High School Coach and PDL Director
October 18, 2019 - Featuring Tanya Haave and MSU Denver Women's Basketball Team
May 4, 2019 - Featuring Michael Bahl and MSU Denver Men's Basketball Team
January 21, 2019 - Featuring Ross Schraeder of ProSkills Basketball
October 2018 - Featuring Calvin Meyers and the Denver Nuggets Community Team
PREPARING KIDS FOR THE GAME OF LIFE