We are looking forward to the 2021 Gold Crown Winter Basketball Season. We are constantly monitoring updates from the Colorado Department of Public Health and Jefferson County Public Health. Our staff is working on multiple contingency plans and we will be prepared to start the Prep Development League as soon as we receive approval. Additional updates will be posted on our website and communicated to our coaches, parents and participants.
A developmental league for players who are not playing on their high school team.
- Open to 9th – 12th grade boys who are not playing on their high school team
- 9th & 10th grade players can play both nights, but must register for each night separately
- Monday Nights: 9th & 10th graders play from 5:30 pm - 8:30 or 9:30 pm
- Tuesday Nights: 11th & 12th graders play from 5:30 pm - 8:30 or 9:30 pm
- 8-game guarantee
- Week 1 = team formation and practice/scrimmage
- Week 2-4 = includes practice time and 2-games for all teams
- Week 5 = no practice, just postseason play (2-games)
- Coaches hired by Gold Crown with experience at the high school, college and/or professional levels
- Maximum of 10 players on each roster (with some exceptions), coaches monitor playing time
- Gym time, officials, coaches, practices and jerseys are provided
Dates and Times:
Regular Season: February 1 – March 2, 2021
Monday nights: 9th and 10th Grades
Tuesday nights: 11th and 12th Grades
- All participants will enter and exit the building from main entrance to the facility. The main entrance doors will be monitored by event staff. This is to ensure no parent/spectator enters the facility, and that social distancing standards are met.
- Maximum of 25 participants per court/room.
- For safety and cleaning purposes, all players must exit the building immediately after clinic concludes each day.
- All players, coaches, officials and staff will be required to wear face coverings from the time they enter the facility, to the time they leave. This includes while players are competing.
- Only coaches, players, officials and one volunteer scorekeeper are allowed in the building.
- Parents/Spectators are not allowed inside the Gold Crown Field House during this event.
Gold Crown will continue to monitor COVID-19 Health and Safety Guidelines and communicate with players as further information becomes available. View Gold Crown Foundation's current Safety Guidelines and Protocols.
If a program is cancelled prior to the start of the event, a full refund will be issued. If a program is cancelled during the event, the refund will be prorated.
PREPARING KIDS FOR THE GAME OF LIFE