This league is great opportunity for high school teams to get experience playing together before their high school season begins. Club teams are not allowed to participate (unless all players attend the same high school). **Note: This is not a sanctioned high school/district event. No official high school team names may be used (i.e. Lakewood, Highlands Ranch). Coach-player contact varies by school district/private school. As a result, coaches may or may not be able to coach their players. In this case, a parent or player can coach the team.
Dates and Times:
September 14 - October 15, 2020 (5 weeks)
Monday Nights - Boys & Girls Freshmen/Sophomore
Tuesday Nights - Boys & Girls Junior Varsity
Wednesday Nights - Girls Varsity
Thursday Nights - Boys Varsity
All games played between 5:00 pm - 9:30 pm
Gold Crown Field House
150 S. Harlan St. Lakewood, CO 80226
$925 per team
Register by September 9 (5pm)
- Divisions offered: Boys and Girls Varsity, Junior Varsity, Freshmen/Sophomore teams
- Format: Each team plays 10 games (doubleheaders). 8 regular season and 2 postseason.
- Competition: High school teams only (all players must attend the same high school)
- Team Names: Teams are not allowed to use official high school names (can use mascots, nicknames, etc.)
- Coaching: Since coach-player contact rules vary by school/school district, coaches should check with their school administrator about coaching in the league.
- If you are unable to coach but would like to enter a team, parents/players will be allowed to organize a team and coach if needed.
- Registration is by team only and limited to 24 teams per night
- Maximum number of (3) teams per program
- Each game will feature two, 20-minute running halves
- Each team must have a minimum of seven players with a maximum of twelve players
- Two officials per game will be provided
- Each team will need to provide one volunteer to run the score book or score clock
- NO DAILY ADMISSION FEES
- Teams will be required to enter/exit pre-determined doors based on which court(s) they are scheduled on.
- The Gold Crown Field House will be segmented into three areas: (Courts 1&2, Courts 3&4 and Courts 5&6)
- For safety and cleaning purposes, all teams must exit the building immediately after their last game of the day.
- All players, coaches and staff will be required to wear face coverings from the time they enter the facility, to the time they leave. This includes while players are competing.
- Only 23 individuals allowed in the gym per team (This includes coaches, players and parents/spectators).
- Bleachers will not be available. Spectators must bring their own chairs.
Gold Crown will continue to monitor COVID-19 Health and Safety Guidelines and communicate with teams as further information becomes available. View Gold Crown Foundation's current Safety Guidelines and Protocols.
PREPARING KIDS FOR THE GAME OF LIFE