As schools announce delayed starts, online learning plans and continued uncertainties for the months ahead; parents are scrambling to secure childcare, academic support and new pathways for their children to engage in safe environments with social interaction. Gold Crown Foundation welcomes the opportunity to utilize our 52,000 sq. ft. facility, which includes six regulation-size basketball courts, our Best Buy Teen Tech Center, and ample outdoor space at our Lakewood location to uplift the online learning experience, connect youth to their peers, and embrace physical activity. Our founding principle is to fill voids in our community, and right now this is where our community needs us most.
- Structured daily routine for youth
- Opportunity for youth to complete school assignments and engage in physical activity while parents can continue to work
- Socialization - youth are grouped into pods and teams
- Half day or full day options for families
Dates and Times:
Week 1: August 24th - 28th (Mon.-Fri.)
Week 2: August 31st - September 3rd (Mon.-Thurs.)
Remote Learning Pods: 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Lunch: 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Activities Camp: 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Gold Crown Field House
150 S. Harlan St. Lakewood, CO 80226
Full Day/Full Week: Wk 1=$400; Wk 2*=$320
Half Day/Full Week: Wk 1=$200; Wk 2*=$160
*Week 2, no camp on Friday
Scholarships available on an as needed basis
Week 1: August 17th
Week 2: August 24th
*Remote Learning Camp will be capped at 72 participants
*Activities Camp will be capped at 96 participants
*Both Camps will be filled on a first-come, first served basis.
Features and Details: Remote Learning Pods
- Open to boys and girls in 1st - 6th grade
- Participants can sign up for only the Remote Learning half day option OR the full day option which includes the Activities/Sports Camp
- Participants will be placed in learning pods of up to 12 additional youth and assigned a Learning Coach
- Learning Coaches will serve as guides to support youth as they navigate their school's online learning plans. Participants should arrive with a general understanding of how to login to their required platforms (logins, passwords, class codes, etc.).
- Participants MUST bring their district assigned chrome books (or other learning device) with preloaded saved login information, charger, and headphones.
Features and Details: Activities Camp
- Open to boys and girls in 1st - 8th grade
- Participants can sign up for only the Activities half day option OR the full day option which includes the Remote Learning Camp (1st-6th Graders only)
- Participants will be placed in groups of up 8 campers assigned a Sports Coach
- Camp Coaches will teach sports skills and lead physical activity groups
- Daily activities includes sports, games, and movement (View schedule below) and will be held inside and outside
- Participants MUST be dressed appropriately (tennis shoes, comfy clothes, hat), bring their own water bottle, and sunscreen
Daily Activity Schedule
Monday - Basketball/Wiffle Ball
Tuesday – Kickball/Track & Field
Wednesday – Volleyball/Frisbee Golf
Thursday – Soccer/Capture the Flag
Friday – Non-Contact Football/Badminton
Safety Guidelines and Procedures
- All participants will have their temperature scanned and answer screening questions each day upon arrival
- All participants, coaches and staff will be required to wear face coverings from the time they enter the facility, to the time they leave. This includes while participants are competing in the afternoon 'Activities Camp'.
- Separate entrances to the Gold Crown Field House will be used. Participants will be assigned an entrance prior to the first day, please look for email communication.
- Equipment, surfaces, high traffic areas, and supplies will be cleaned and sanitized frequently
- Gold Crown will continue to employ weekly antibacterial deep cleanings of our bathrooms, with a special antibacterial solution that keeps bacteria and viruses from sticking to toilets and flush handles.
Daily Schedule: Remote Learning Pods
- 8:45 am - 9:00 am: Camp check-in and pod assignment
- 9:00 am - 9:30 am: Circle time - a time to center oneself, connect with each other, and have a little fun
- 9:30 am: Remote learning station assignments
- 9:30 am - 11:30 am: Independent work time with the support of Learning Coaches
- 11:30 am -12:00 pm: Circle Time - Youth can share triumphs and challenges, play collaborative learning games, and/or participate in activities that support relationship building, solidarity and fun
Daily Schedule: Activities Camp
- 12:45 pm - 1:00 pm: Daily Check-in
- 1:00 pm - 1:15 pm: Stretching and Daily “Health Huddle Mindful Moment”
- 1:15 pm - 2:00 pm: Introduction to the daily sport/ Break-up into age appropriate groups
- 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm: Skill development and organized competition (indoor or outdoor sport/exercise)
- 3:30 pm - 4:00 pm: End of day fun group activity (Water balloon toss, obstacle course, relay race...)
If you are interested in becoming a Learning Coach during the Remote Learning portion of the camp, please review the job description and apply.
PREPARING KIDS FOR THE GAME OF LIFE