The newest info on Healthy Habits
Life is chaotic, how can you help form the best habits in today’s youth? From nutrition and hydration to the amount of sleep and stress, life is about balance. Plus, technology has changed the game. How much screen time it too much screen time and how do screen time habits influence lifestyle and development? Forming healthy habits can start at a young age, and as adults, you can lead by example. Get the answers and explore additional resources for all “Healthy Habits.”
LIFETIME BENEFITS FOR ACTIVE CHILDREN
- 1/10 as likely to be obese
- Up to 40% higher test scores
- Less smoking & drug use
- 15% more likely to go to college
- Lower levels of depression & self-derogation
- Higher self-esteem
- 7-8% higher annual earnings
- Lower health costs
- Reduced risk of heart disease, stroke, cancer & diabetes
Source: The Aspen Institute Project Play
- Trail mix with nuts, seeds, cereal and dried fruit
- Sliced apple dipped in peanut butter
- Low-fat fruited yogurt or plain/vanilla low-fat yogurt with fruit
- Blended smoothie with frozen berries, low-fat milk and yogurt
- Air-popped or fresh-popped popcorn
- Pretzels, vegetables or whole wheat pita wedges and hummus
- Tbsp of peanut butter on an ½ English muffin with sliced banana
- Mini cinnamon raisin bagel spread with nut butter
HEALTHY HABITS GUIDE BROUGHT TO YOU BY
This page was updated on April 10, 2020. Due to the shifting nature of the coronavirus pandemic, recommendations can change quickly. Please follow all rules and guidelines set by state...
There are still a lot of unknowns surrounding the coronavirus, but questions continue to mount. Our partners at Children's Hospital Colorado have put together a comprehensive list of questions they...
Teens are on their phones a lot. That's nothing new, but how how much is too much? Would regulating phone use in teens help with some of their stress? These...
How to be a positive parent seems like an easy question to answer, right? We're just weeks away from the start of our 26th competitive basketball season and we know...
More and more adults are realizing the therapeutic benefits of yoga, like increased flexibility and balance, increased muscle strength and tone, better cardiovascular and circulatory health, etc. And those are...
Turn on the news tonight or tomorrow and you'll undoubtedly see a story about vaping and teenagers. It's the hottest topic across the nation right now and at least 6*...
No matter where you are the chances of seeing someone on their phone are pretty high these days, and it's not just kids. Adults are just as guilty of being...
School lunches have been a hot topic recently. Schools are making a more conscious effort to include healthy options for students while also teaching students the importance of a healthy,...
We know video games are popular among teens, which online predators easy access to teens. The FBI is investigating ways to prevent what it calls sextortion, when an adult coerces...
- Call 720-777-0123 to receive free health care advice from Children's Hospital Colorado registered nurses
- Live person will answer 24/7
- Information available for over 200 pediatric topics and community resources
- Find a physician in your area
- Poor / excessive weight gain
- Food allergies or intolerances
- Swallowing/feeding and digestive disorders
- Sports medicine nutrition
- Autism, cystic fibrosis and more...
Looking for help on these topics? Learn more
Find A Doctor
Tap into the World class pediatric experts in a variety of specialty areas at Children’s Hospital Colorado for anything from the top of their heads, to the tips of their toes. To find the right doctor for you, please visit their website to find the top ranked team of experts.
PREPARING KIDS FOR THE GAME OF LIFE