The newest info on Healthy Habits
Life is chaotic, how can you help form the best habits in today’s youth? From nutrition and hydration to the amount of sleep and stress, life is about balance. Plus, technology has changed the game. How much screen time it too much screen time and how do screen time habits influence lifestyle and development? Forming healthy habits can start at a young age, and as adults, you can lead by example. Get the answers and explore additional resources for all “Healthy Habits.”
GOOD SLEEPING HABITS
- Keep the same bedtimes and wake-up times every day (even on weekends)
- Stop electronics at least one hour before bed
- Follow a bedtime routine
- Avoid giving your child caffeine, especially at least eight hours before bed.
- Ensure your child gets at least 30 minutes of vigorous physical activity each day
- Trail mix with nuts, seeds, cereal and dried fruit
- Sliced apple dipped in peanut butter
- Low-fat fruited yogurt or plain/vanilla low-fat yogurt with fruit
- Blended smoothie with frozen berries, low-fat milk and yogurt
- Air-popped or fresh-popped popcorn
- Pretzels, vegetables or whole wheat pita wedges and hummus
- Tbsp of peanut butter on an ½ English muffin with sliced banana
- Mini cinnamon raisin bagel spread with nut butter
HEALTHY HABITS GUIDE BROUGHT TO YOU BY
While the majority of Gold Crown sports are offered indoors, dehydration and heatstroke are still a possibility. Our partners at Children's Hospital Colorado share some tips below for keeping...
If you've ever been in a hurry to get out the door and haven't had time to make a healthy lunch for the family, our partners at Children's Hospital...
Television advertisements will tell you that you need Gatorade and Powerade to recover after a workout. If you want to replenish the electrolytes in your body you need one...
We know video games are popular among teens, which online predators easy access to teens. The FBI is investigating ways to prevent what it calls sextortion, when an adult...
You've seen the news stories lately. Teens are being hospitalized for vaping-related illnesses, mostly in their lungs. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention revealed that 153 cases of...
It's no small task to keep kids safe in today's world. The threat of online predators looms daily and teenagers don't always know when someone they meet online is...
Eating disorders are fairly common among high school athletes, especially females. Approximately 41% of female athletes in high school reported disordered eating (NEDA). The importance of healthy nutrition is...
- Call 720-777-0123 to receive free health care advice from Children's Hospital Colorado registered nurses
- Live person will answer 24/7
- Information available for over 200 pediatric topics and community resources
- Find a physician in your area
- Poor / excessive weight gain
- Food allergies or intolerances
- Swallowing/feeding and digestive disorders
- Sports medicine nutrition
- Autism, cystic fibrosis and more...
Looking for help on these topics? Learn more
Find A Doctor
Tap into the World class pediatric experts in a variety of specialty areas at Children’s Hospital Colorado for anything from the top of their heads, to the tips of their toes. To find the right doctor for you, please visit their website to find the top ranked team of experts.
PREPARING KIDS FOR THE GAME OF LIFE